Cyber Security Tip #4: Five cyber security tips everyone should be aware of.
1. If you don’t understand the warning message, say no. It’s easier to go back and say yes if you need to than be sorry and have to rebuild your machine.
2. Certificates: If you don’t understand a website certificate message, say no. It is easier to go back and say yes if you need to than be sorry and have to rebuild your credit.
3. Antivirus: Running antivirus does not slow your computer down nearly as much as a virus does.
4. Back-up: Backing up your data may seem like a waste of time — er, until you spill coffee all over your laptop.
5. Passwords: Writing down your password around your desk is about as secure as leaving a $20 bill lying on the dashboard of your car. How well do you trust anyone these days?